Doble F-6150 Power System Simulator
F6150 can test IEC 61850-ready IEDs.
The IEC61850 features in F6150 are KEMA TESTED.
The total test solution for protection schemes
The F6150 is the only instrument with the high power, flexibility, and sophisticated software to run full simulation tests on your relays and protection schemes. It provides everything you need in a single, field-rugged, portable box. It can test everything from a single, high-burden electromechanical earth/ground fault relay to complete, modern, multi-function numerical microprocessor protection schemes, without the need for additional instruments. It can perform steady-state, dynamic-state, and transient simulation tests. The F6150 can even be used for end-to-end protection scheme tests using Global Positioning System technology to synchronize remotely located F6150s.
True power system simulation
To run full simulations on all types of relay schemes – microprocessor, electromechanical, or a mixture – you need an instrument that can generate high test power and provide flexible configurations for many types of tests. The F6150, with its high power rating and built-in configuration flexibility, is the industry's only true single-box solution for simulation testing of all relay protection schemes. With the F6150, you can easily run a variety of tests to determine whether your relays are detecting signals properly, communicating correctly, and responding appropriately to power system events. In addition, with its high-accuracy output, the F6150 can be easily applied to calibration testing of transducer and energy metering applications, including meters rated at 0.2 Class.
Even tests that are difficult to perform with other instruments are simple with the F6150. For example:
- Ground overcurrent relay are typically difficult to test, due to low tap settings and high burden. Using multiple current ranges, the F6150 delivers high power at low current to meet this challenge.
- Relay schemes such as overcurrent and distance protection require testing at 20 to 30 times the nominal secondary current value. The F6150 delivers 180 A at 675 VA to meet virtually all high-current test requirements.
Close the gaps in protection testing
Traditional steady-state testing can only test each individual component of a system, which does not tell you how the entire system behaves under true power-system conditions. This leaves many uncertainties in performance, and, as protection engineers know, misoperations do occur. The F6150 with satellite-synchronized transient testing provides the closest simulation to true power conditions available. It provides a more uniform, complete-scheme test that significantly reduces testing time and gives you more accurate, reliable test results. You can confirm the configuration, settings, and correct operation of the protection scheme. And since the test results describe how the relay scheme operates under actual power-system conditions, the test data can be used to help evaluate future relay operations.
Testing capabilities of the F6150 include:
- High-impedance electromechanical relays
- Electromechanical high-burden, low-setting ground overcurrent relays
- High-power relays from 0.5 A to 180 A
- Dynamic-state and transient simulation testing using 12 independently controlled sources
- End-to-end testing under simulated power system conditions with GPS satellite synchronization
- Everything from routine characteristic checks to dynamic-state simulation tests with user-friendly software suite
Features and Benefits
- Exceptional test flexibility. Six independently controlled, direct-coupled sources, each rated 150 VA at 0–30 A, provide more than 100 user-selectable test configurations to match any test requirement. Each source can be configured as two independent 75 VA sources, for a total of 12. This configuration is used for back-to-back testing of a complete line protection scheme.
- Easy to use. Operates from a PC interface (Ethernet, serial, or external wireless adapter communication) for steady-state, dynamic-state, and transient testing. All sources are controlled from the PC for easy configuration of each test.
- Advanced circuitry. Built with state-of-the-art digital signal processing and power amplifiers.
- Automated operation. Automated procedures and standard test templates save time and ensure consistent test methods.
- Front panel display. The vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) indicates active voltage/current amplitudes and phase values during testing.
- Field-rugged design. Rugged construction and proven state of-the-art design provide laboratory accuracy with uncompromised field performance.
- Lightweight and portable. At 38 lb (17 kg), the F6150 is the only single-box solution capable of delivering high power with flexible test configurations.
- Accurate meter testing. Provides high-precision measurements for energy meter and transducer testing.
A database of test results that grows with you
The F6150 software suite includes powerful database capability that lets you build your knowledge of protection schemes over time. You can compare present with past results, track protection scheme performance over time, even evaluate the impact of proposed design changes to your grid and protection relays.